People Mean the World to Us – Quite Literally
The wide array of work we undertake for our global based clients means that you may change functions, departments, geographic locations, and even organisations or fields of work throughout your career in the Organisation. The diversity of our people, and our clients, means that you will find yourself working in multi-cultural teams with people from all backgrounds and cultures who have wide perspectives, experiences, expectations as well as approaches. We believe in encouraging the development of today’s type of well-rounded lawyers. With us, you will find the kind of work, meet the kind of people, develop the kind of skills and acquire the kind of knowledge that opens doors and broadens career perspectives, wherever you go and whatever you do.
What We Look For
Being a successful lawyer is about more than just knowing the law. It requires broad knowledge and a set of skills: knowledge management, negotiation techniques, written and oral communication skills, business development and more.
So ask yourself if you are driven to find solutions to complex issues? And, are hope and strength of character attributes which will guide your zeal to make a difference in a complex world?
Ask yourself if you thrive in an environment that is truly international and multi-cultural, which respects as well as promotes diversity and functions at its best through the efforts of teams of different people?
These are some of the characteristics that you will find in our staff. If you’re looking for a position within our dynamic team you should also possess a combination of skills, attributes and behaviour that are directly related to successful performance on the job.
These Core Competencies Are:
- Vision: Having a vision of how the Organisation will fulfill its promise to clients and carry out its work is fundamental to who we are and our success. Understanding the Organisation’s direction provides clarity and makes people enthusiastic about the future. It also helps staff members to see the link between what they do everyday and the overarching goals of the Leadership Team.
- Leadership: We hear about leaders every day, some who are great and charismatic, and others who inspire us to change. At Patron Law, leaders serve as role models & ambassadors for everyone they interact with, our staff, our clients and our community. They listen before they act; and while they nurture relationships and gain broad support, they also make tough decisions and drive change that is necessary. They make things happen with the support of others.
- Empower: Having a lawyer who shows and holds respects is part of our firm’s ethos, it’s not just essential for success. How s/he delegates is a responsibility too. We nurture our people so that everyone’s inputs and expertise are valued. It is great working in an environment where you feel free to speak openly and know that your opinions are valued.
- Building Trust: takes a specific skill, but to many of our Lawyers its part of who they are.
Internship programme 2016/2017
Why be a Patron intern? If you are thinking of entering the world of law, diplomacy and public policy, an internship with us could be the ideal start for you.
The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the changing face of toad’s legal profession. You will be given a real chance to work with our people. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring professionals and our leadership team, you will be exposed to high-profile matters, participate in client meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as co-counsel of complex client matters. Initially you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop.
The PATRON Legal Development Programme
The Legal Development Programme provides a unique and stimulating environment in which to newly qualified lawyers or fresh Graduates will experience a full range of legal work during their training contract by spending 6 months in our Kensington office.
Your training will put you at the heart of the Group and you will be involved in challenging work that makes a difference. We support new lawyers in developing fulfilling careers. The PLDP is structured over six months, and is designed to develop the key competencies required to achieve success in your legal career. The skills learnt will prepare you for future advancement within the legal profession and give you a good grounding in case management across three practice fields.
The Program is designed to develop your skill sets that are critical to career success and meeting the demands of potential future legal roles. Training utilises practical on-the-job learning and adult learning techniques to achieve learning outcomes. You will also participate in other training programs within our Private Client Office to develop effective communications and interpersonal skills required to perform well in your role and those jurisdictions
We are looking for new solicitors who have completed their LLB (or equivalent) from an accredited body with less than 12month post admission legal work experience.
Who we are looking for:
On top of the basic eligibility, we are also looking for applicants who:
- Have a credit average academic record in their LLB (or equivalent)
- Are good communicators and highly motivated to work in a diverse and challenging work environment
- Are interested in our legal practice areas can demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem solving skills
- Are committed to offering excellent customer service and working in a team in a high volume work environment have the ability to get behind and drive their own self-development.
- The work is highly rewarding but not for the not for the faint-hearted. We will be building on your skills so that you can deal more confidently with matters.
Working Conditions and what we can offer you
- Hands on work on real cases with real clients and the opportunity to make a difference
- Working alongside talented, experienced senior solicitors, many with specialist expertise
- Work diversity that builds on your qualifications and practical experience
- Career planning, training, development, support and mentoring
- A stimulating, friendly and supportive work environment
Number of Vacancies Locations
There are 5 vacancies in the 2016/17 intake.
During 2016/17, positions will be based at our Head Offices.
For further information on the Internship and Legal Development Program, e-mail Office@Patron.co.uk